Time Flies!

What? It's been a month?

I'm settling into a new routine, and have been making steady editing progress, but I had hoped to finish this revision this month. So yesterday I sat down and set some hard goals. Don't get me wrong, I have a fairly relaxed life right now and have no intention of adding stress.

I realized that if I commit myself to editing two scenes a day - JUST TWO - I would be done with this revision just a day or two into July. That's acceptable. So my plan is "two scenes or three hours" a day. Some days I have more time or less. In fact, Sundays are probably out. Hence "or three hours" as I see how the pace flows.

It's good. In July I'll hunt down beta-readers - I have two ready and waiting. Then comes the bigger daunting task: query letter, find an agent, all that personal interaction stuff that, I imagine, leads a lot of very good writing to languish in computers the world over. I know a lot of people who "have written a book" but never did anything after that.

So.
To editing!

Comments

  1. I need to set a schedule, too. I've gotten really bad about lazing in bed for a couple hours in the morning, playing games on my iPad. Not productive at all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to plug in my phone downstairs. I keep a tablet by my bed, but it's old and slow and doesn't have a lot of fun stuff on it. LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breakthrough!

When Life Intervenes

Distractions