Shifting Gears

The more I edit this second book, the more I realize my first book is not ready for publication. 

So I'm backing off from the query process. I threw a question (to query or not) into the cybernet and a response caught my mind: "Perfect your work. Don't burn bridges." 

Am I to understand that by querying early, the fact that my name has been submitted and rejected before is a "burned bridge" for an agent or agency? That's a scary thought!

So my earlier goal to step up the writing has been underlined. Double underlined. Write, write, write. Edit. Perfect the writing. Get this one actually ready for querying, and THEN query.

Yay! That makes me happy because writing and editing is a lot more fun than querying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakthrough!

When Life Intervenes

Distractions