Prepping for Editing

I'm excited about this step, so must document it.

I don't seem to have written about the Nanowrimo Youtube series I watched on streamlining the editing process. It was in 4 parts (or three?), and really helped me focus each step. I started while mid-edit for that last editing project, so it was hard to fit the steps they provided into my Scrivener drafts. (The presenters used a program called Fictionary.)

With my recent Nanowrimo draft, I have decided to set it up now in such a way to make the 3 step editing process easier later. And I love it.

I did a quick review of the Scrivener tutorial to figure out the best way to set this up. I'm in there, using the Meta-data options to highlight the path of each scene, so I'll be able to see at a glance what needs to be done. Next step (starting today), I'm going to add key words and reference tabs to make it easier to link up different scenes.

Part of the hassle of editing, I've found, is when a change in one scene affects others. Then you have to find the other scenes and fix those. So I'll use the references option in Scrivener to make that easier. I hope.

After this is set up, I'll get back into the last WIP and finish up the line edit. Let this one percolate for a while before doing a full edit.

Wish me luck! I think this book could be really good, with a little work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakthrough!

When Life Intervenes

Distractions