Breakthrough - I think

I completed Nanowrimo, and had the bones of a manuscript at the end of it. Yay!

This time, instead of setting it aside immediately, I wanted to read through it to fill in any holes before setting it aside for a while. I'm not even a third of the way through, and got hung up on one scene for the last two days. I just couldn't figure out the fix.

Today, I went to my writing group - was the only one there, actually, which was kind of nice - and wrote new dialog for that scene. JUST dialog. It's easier for me to see the scene that way, and I can add setting and actions after I drop it into the manuscript. 

I'm pretty proud that I thought of that! I had copied the whole scene into a new text page to re-work it, but now that I have this new dialog, I can delete that text page, start over with the dialog, and then pull from the original text any descriptions that I want to keep.

It's a breakthrough. I now know that I can do this with any tricky scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakthrough!

When Life Intervenes

Distractions