When Life Intervenes

Life happened this past week/weekend, so my progress slowed, but it's okay. Still plugging away at the edit almost every day. Scene by scene.

I'm optimistic to finish this draft by the end of the month. Then I'll do a full proof-read and probably start looking for readers. Alpha readers? Beta readers? I'm not even sure which would be the right terminology. I'll figure it out.

In addition to the recent life concerns, a friend is in town this week. She's not staying with us, and knows I'm working, but having that "I'll give you a buzz sometime" ringing in my ears always leaves me with a feeling that I don't want to get too deeply involved in any project. It feels like a personal flaw and I'm trying to overcome it. I should just do what I need to do and feel unapologetic if she calls me and I'm busy. I'll get there.

The new book I started working on, slowly, as the muse strikes me, is getting to a point where I feel I need to stop and draft an outline of some sort. I also need to do some research on the viability of a couple plot points I want to use. I'm not putting any pressure on myself for this one, though. It's just a lark to keep the writing juices going while I focus on editing.

And now, off to refill my coffee and pick up the manuscript!

Comments

  1. Coffee - we are thrilled our new coffee machine has an iced coffee setting. Perfect for warmer weather! Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. My sister keeps a pitcher of "cold brew" in her fridge. I don't think she ever drinks it hot. I still need a hot cup of black coffee to start the day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breakthrough!

Distractions