The Best-Laid Plans...

Well, THAT didn't work!

I simply cannot wrap my brain around the editing WIP. I can think of two possibilities. Either:

  • My most recent novel put my brain in a futuristic space that was so extremely different from this simpler story that needs editing that I am unable to get back into its more realistic world to edit. Or...
  • I did a bad thing by breaking out all the scenes into those that need big changes and those that are okay with minor touch-ups. When I opened the edit WIP, it was hard to get a sense of direction or even get into edit mode.

Maybe it's a touch of both.

After weeks of dissatisfaction at my mental immobility verging on depression, followed by some sincere prayer time, I have decided that I will skip this edit and move into review and initial edit of the Nanowrimo Novel. That shall begin this week, if I can manage my schedule as planned.

Best of luck in your plans during this new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nearing the End?

The Monkey on my Back

Sleep-Writing?